My system uses two primary classes of data: organizational elements and informational/data elements. These classes are supported by digital tools that supports linking and tagging along with file storage.
Organizational elements primarily have links to informational/data elements. Informational/data elements consist of text, pictures, audio, video, spreadsheets, presentations, etc. Essentially anything you can store.
The specific organizational elements I am using are:
- Focus (Business, Growth, Home-Life)
- Activities (Projects, Tasks, Spheres (of responsibility), Interests and Review Cycles (Annual, Quarterly, Monthly, Weekly, Daily)
The Informational/data elements are stored in:
And I am using a separate vault to store items that are not ‘active’ but need to be available and to more easily manage synchronizing to lower storage volume devices:
- Archives (synchronized on my desktop/laptop but not needed on my phone)
Along with these elements, I have a few support elements
- Inbox: a place to hold information that has not yet been categorized and tagged
- Templates: an Obsidian specific location to to store . . . templates
- Transitory: a place to store information I expect to delete